The September/October issue of Jane Austen’s Regency World magazine is now published, bringing you up to date with all the latest news, views and information from the world of Jane Austen. In it you can read about:
- Jane Austen, fossil hunter? An astonishing new theory about the ‘Kelly Clarkson ring’
- Cranks, quacks and other healers Meet the alternative medicine men of Jane Austen’s time
- Queen Charlotte in Bath George III’s consort came to take the waters
- Come rain or shine Jane Austen’s clever use of different weather conditions in Emma
- Emma at the movies Several film-makers have tackled Jane’s fourth novel. How do they compare?
- Being lady of the house How the wives of upper-class men had an important role in society
- News from Austen societies in the UK and the US