September/October issue now published
The September/October (No 71) issue of Jane Austen’s Regency World magazine is now on sale. In it you can read:
- Scotland and Austen: as the Scots prepare to vote on independence, what did Jane make of life north of the Border?
- Mr Turner: the great new film about the artist who was a contemporary of Jane Austen
- William Hogarth and his influence on Jane Austen
- How one Jane Austen fan came to fall in love with Mansfield Park
- when and how was it acceptable to marry a first cousin in Georgian times?
- North American Janeites prepare to gather for their AGM in Montréal
… as well as the latest News, Letters, our astonishing Regency Rogue, Austen quiz, news from Austen societies around the world and book reviews.