The January/February (No 67) issue of Jane Austen’s Regency World magazine is published this week and features on the cover Chiwetel Ejiofor as Solomon Northup in the new film 12 Years a Slave. Inside you can enjoy:
- celebrating the bicentenary of the publication of Mansfield Park
- how Jane Austen’s third novel tackled the issue of slavery
- sympathy and advice for Mary Crawford
- the scandal of being caught up in a breach of promise of marriage case
- why Jane Austen preferred the Navy over the Army
- introducing the Jane Austen Club of Moscow
It’s not too late to subscribe and receive this issue of Jane Austen’s Regency World. To do so click here and follow the links on the right of the page.