Regency World: new issue
The November/December edition of Jane Austen’s Regency World magazine is published today – watch out for it in your mailbox over the next few weeks.
In the new issue you can read about:
- Some great Christmas gift ideas for the Jane Austen fan in your life
- You shall go to the dance – public and private balls in Jane Austen’s time
- How keeping a bawdyhouse could be a tough business
- Baiting, coursing and fishing: blood sports were big business in the Georgian era
- Looking at Jane’s use of fashion accessories in Emma
- The life of Sir Thomas Bernard, a prominent philanthropist
- Jane in the Garden of England
Plus reports from the Jane Austen Festival in Bath and the JASNA AGM in Brooklyn; news, letters, book reviews and much, much more!
To subscribe visit our subscription page.